Director of Analytics
Big Time Studios
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
We are actively seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Analytics to lead our dedicated analytics team. The ideal candidate will possess a comprehensive expertise in data analysis with a strong familiarity with gaming KPIs. This role involves delivering critical insights to key stakeholders including Game Developers, Game Economists, Marketing, and the Executive leadership. In addition, the Director of Analytics will collaborate closely with the Data Engineering team to develop robust data structures such as fact tables, data extracts, and concise summaries, to support informed decision-making across the company.
- Conduct a thorough needs assessment to uncover the data requirements of the Marketing, Game Economy, and Game Development teams, ensuring alignment with the company’s strategic objectives.
- Act as a liaison between the aforementioned teams and Data Engineering, functioning as a product manager to facilitate the creation of bespoke data sets that address specific analytical questions.
- Develop a framework for the Marketing that enables them to perform independent analysis via SQL & access to relevant databases.
- Establish a close partnership with the Game Development and Game Economy teams to provide high-level, actionable analytics that influence game design, feature enhancements, and economic strategies.
- Spearhead the development of intuitive dashboards and reporting tools that allow for real-time monitoring and analysis of in-game economics and player engagement.
- Uphold the highest standards of data integrity and ensure compliance with all applicable data protection laws and company policies, while fostering a culture of data-driven decision-making.
- A bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in data analytics, with at least 3 years in a leadership role, preferably within the gaming or related industry.
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, predictive analytics, and multivariate testing.
- Experience with analytics tools and programming languages such as SQL, R, Python,
- Proven ability to translate complex data into actionable strategies.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate insights to both technical and non-technical audiences.